Template Library Connector for SharePoint 2010
The Template Library Connector has been upgraded to support SharePoint 2010.
this blog post
for a quick introduction, and click the Downloads tab for the latest release.
Template Library Connector for SharePoint 2007
Adds the option to use a SharePoint document library as a template library for other document libraries. The templates are hierarchically shown in the "New" menu submenus of the document libraries, and instantiates exactly like common document templates.
Changes to the template library are instantly available through the "New" menu of
linked document libraries.
See my articles at
for an introduction.
Setup and generic use screen cast:
Content types screen cast:
- Fixed issue with saving documents to subfolders in subsites, as reported in http://templatelibconnector.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=60944
- Fixed issue id# 1983 (Path problems when addressing template libraries in sub sites).
- Fixed bugs where a user would get access denied errors when missing various permissions.
- Fixed URL Action bug preventing the settings page from being shown in sub sites.
- Fixed a leaking SPWeb object in the settings page.
- Fixed Issue #1746: Graceful handling of deleted template libraries.
- Full WSS support.
- All config done from the list's settings page.
- Will work correctly with webpart pages hosting multiple document library views (ListViewWebParts).
- Connect any document library to another document library, with one serving template documents to the other.
- Not require any administration of new templates, other than uploading them to the template library - Instantly making them available to all document libraries linked with the template library.
- Allow document libraries and template libraries to reside in different sites.
- Supports Content Types in the template and document libraries, with workflow connections, columns, data information panels and the other goodies that provides.
- Make the templates instantly, and hierarchically, available from the "New" menu in the document library.