2010 Support (Ribbon)

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any plans to release a new version of your template connector for use with 2010.  Perhaps using the ribbon and adding sub menu items under the document tab?  I have a requirement to upsize our 2007 project to 2010, we would like the same functionality.  Before I go write the code myself, I thought I would ask if you were thinking of doing this yourself?

Cheers

Duncan

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Hi Duncan,

I have no immediate plans to do so. There's such a feature in the works for the commercial version of the template connector (which I've been working a lot with since publishing this initial release here), but due to licensing concerns that is unlikely to end up here.

Einar

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Hi Einar,

Thanks for the letting me know.

Duncan

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:21:00 -0700
Subject: Re: 2010 Support (Ribbon) [templatelibconnector:227784]

Hi Duncan,
I have no immediate plans to do so. There's such a feature in the works for the commercial version of the template connector (which I've been working a lot with since publishing this initial release here), but due to licensing concerns that is unlikely to end up here.
Einar
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (templatelibconnector@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email templatelibconnector@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Developer
Jul 12, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hi Duncan,

I have ported the template library connector to SharePoint 2010. You can find it under the Download tab. Some more info here: http://devramblings.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/introducing-the-template-library-connector-for-sharepoint-2010/

Please try it out, and let me know what you think

Best Regards,

Øystein Garnes

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I have install and activate the feature.

When I setup the parameters in a library and save, it give a error

Error

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 3f1fd942-ab8d-4653-bc16-38bcac955d1a

Date and Time: 7/18/2011 11:35:12 AM

<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[The same when I click on ribbon to open the a subsite. In the main site the popup does not display the file uploaded in the template libray. function ULSvam(){var o=new Object;o.ULSTeamName="Microsoft SharePoint Foundation";o.ULSFileName="error.aspx";return o;} var gearPage = document.getElementById('GearPage'); if(null != gearPage) { gearPage.parentNode.removeChild(gearPage); document.title = "Error"; } function _spBodyOnLoad() {ULSvam:; var intialFocus = document.getElementById("errorPageTitleSpan"); try { intialFocus.focus(); } catch(ex) { } } // ]]></script>

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM

II have install the new version and I get allways the same error.

So on the top level of the collection it work correctly, but on subsite the error come when you clik on the button new document. No error in te log files.

Developer
Aug 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2011 at 9:57 AM
irisline wrote:

II have install the new version and I get allways the same error.

So on the top level of the collection it work correctly, but on subsite the error come when you clik on the button new document. No error in te log files.

Hi Irisline, I'm sorry to hear that it is not working for you. A few questions:

• Did you uninstall the old version before you installed the new version?
  • When you say "click on the button new document" - do you mean the button named "New from template"? Or the standard button "New Document"?
  • Can you describe the error? Is it like the error message you posted July 18th?
  • Have you enabled the connector on the libraries in subsites, and specified which library to be the source? Each library must be configured under library settings - template library connector settings.

Best Regards,

Øystein Garnes
http://devramblings.wordpress.com/ 

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:05 AM

- I first unistall previous and install last version

- The button is " New from template", this change when I activate the feature.

- Yes is the same kind of error.

- The error comes even if the connector is set to 'No'. And yes I have select the good library .

Developer
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Then I must admit I am not sure how to help you. I am not able to reproduce the error.

If you are a SharePoint developer, you could of course download the source code, set a break point and attach to the w3wp.exe processes and debug it.

Best Regards,

Øystein Garnes

Developer
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Hi Irisline,

I just thought of something. If you modify your web.config, you can make the error messages in the browser tell you more.

In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\web.config, please make the following adjustments

• Change the SharePoint\SafeMode\@Callstack attribute to true
  • Change the System.Web\CustomErrors\@Mode attribute to Off
  • Change the System.Web\Compilation\Debug mode to true

Please do not make these changes in a production environment. Please post the error message including the stack trace here after making the above mentioned changes and reproducing the error.

Best Regards,

Øystein Garnes
http://devramblings.wordpress.com/