hover problem

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Hi,

Very nice tool you created here. However.. when i click on new the dropdown appears and i see a folder 'templates'. When i hover over 'templates' it show the containing templates but i'm not able to select one of those because it refreshes constantly with every move i make. Is there a reason for this? Because I see in your demo's it works fine..

Kind regards,

Steven.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 8:12 PM

This is an issue in the SharePoint menu javascripts.

I've noticed it and planned to work around it, but for now you can easily do so by disabling creation of new document from plain templates in the document library (ie remove the default document template from the list's advanced settings).

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Hi einaros,

thanks alot for the reply!

grts

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM

sorry for disturbing you again but I have another remark.

I created a subsite with some document libraries and linked a template library to them. Now if I create a site template of that subsite and I reuse it, the link between the document libraries and the template library is disappeared.

Is this something that can be fixed maybe in the (near) future?

thx

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I will look into it that as well.

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I finally got around to fixing the first issue now. The .stp-restore issue will have to wait a little longer. I suspect this would work nicely with site definitions, but the .stp's seem flawed.

I've pondered a solution using the web's property bag, rather than folder property bags, but I'm uncomfortable with saving data outside the actual document libraries.

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Hi einaros,

I appreciate your work alot. It would be very nice to save that data in a STP file because i think creating a site definition is too difficult to end-users and creating a template is just a few clicks away..

greetings,

Steven