Support for Content Types

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hi.

This is a really great tool! I am now trying to work out how to use it with Content Types.

I created a Template Library with content types that use the same document templates that are stored in the library, and then a Document Library that is connected to the Template Library, and that also uses the same content types. I now have a New menu that lists the content types beneath it *and* has the Templates sub-menus from the connected template library.

I also found that when I created a file from the nested template menu, that the document created in the document library had the wrong content type!

So... how do I only show the nested templates under the New menu and not the Content Types for this document library? And what's going wrong with the incorrect content type??

Any advice / instruction on the subject would be really helpful - I watched the screencast on the subject but it didn't really help.

Many thanks,
Alex

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 7:30 AM

This is a planned feature, which I've yet to find time to implement. I will include an option to disable base content types in the next version, though :-)