Keep Connector Enabled

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I would like to create a DocumentLibrary template where this feature would be enabled and would always point to the same template library. Now when I enable the feature on a document library and point it to some template library -> Then save the doc lib as a template -> create a new one based on that template -> The feature is disabled in the created document library. Should it be like this?

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM

This is actually a problem with SharePoint's STPs. When you wrap sites into such packages, it will also store folder metadata, which is where the connector stores its settings. Upon creation of a new site based on the STP, however, these settings aren't restored by SharePoint. Bug or feature? Who knows.

I've worked around this in the version of the source code I use in my commercial projects by moving settings into the SPWebs property bag. A fairly lightweight change, which does make it work with STP save/restore.

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to maintain this open source version of the project, alongside the commercial package. With my work load as of late, I can't make any promises on being able to release anything in near future - but of course, that may change :-)